This post is about one of my Easter dinner recipes – pineapple salad! My wonderful mom helped me make it while she was in town for the holiday with my dad and one of my sisters. The recipe is a staple at many of our holidays and special occasions, and it is a recipe from my Mom-Mom. Enjoy! I did not take any pictures of it though, as it was eaten too quickly!
1 can pineapple tidbits
2 heaping TB cornstarch
1 c sugar
1/2 bag mini marshmallows
1 small box whipping cream (I think the box says 1/2 pint)
*you can also add maraschino cherries on top if you wish — I like when my mom does this at Christmas.
1. Drain pineapple, save juices.
2. Combine egg, sugar, cornstarch, and pineapple juices in double boiler on the stove. Cook until thick, stirring continuously.
3. Next, take double boiler off stove and add pineapple tidbits to the mixture. Cool (in refrigerator) for 4 hours or overnight.
4. Whip the whipping cream (using electric mixer) and gently fold into pineapple mixture.
5. Add marshmallows, stir, and serve.