Tonight was one of those nights when I actually had all of the required ingredients on hand for a recipe! That’s why I love easy recipes from Pillsbury, or other big commercial brands like Kraft or Campbell’s. Tonight’s dinner came straight from the back of the biscuit can! You only need 4 ingredients and a muffin tin to bake them in. No specialty spices or hard to assemble steps. These mini chicken pot pies tasted so good tonight! They helped me finish the summer of recipes on a high note.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I used a bag of frozen steamable veggies – just let them thaw, don’t cook them)
- cooked chicken, shredded (I used about 1 1/2 chicken breasts and boiled them beforehand)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of flaky refrigerated biscuits, uncooked (8-count)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease the muffin tins.
- Place one biscuit in each tin. Since they will expand and may overflow, I left an empty cup between each biscuit and I ended up using 2 muffin tins. Push the biscuit down and try to pull up the sides, creating a little “nest” for your filling.
- Mixed cooked chicken, vegetables, and soup in a bowl. Gently scoop mixture into each biscuit (this part was messy). The directions said to pull up the sides of the biscuit and pinch them at the top, but I did not have enough room.
- Bake for 18 minutes. Remove from tin and enjoy! I was surprised that my pot pies did not stick to the inside of the tin, but I used a very well coated nonstick pan so that must have helped.