I am on a health kick lately and want to share some delicious recipes online for all of my readers to try! Maybe I will fit in a few lessons about education, too… falling a little behind in that. Only 12 school days left!
Egg Salad Pita
This recipe makes an awesome lunch! Serves 1.
- whole wheat pita (I used some Greek flatbread instead)
- 1 1/2 hard boiled eggs (make 3 and then you can have 2 meals/servings from it)
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup baby spinach (I chopped mine but it’s your choice)
- 3 slices of cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup hummus (I used white bean flavored hummus, but any will work)
Use a fork to slice and combine hard boiled egg with hummus. Sprinkle mixture with paprika. (This is a great recipe that omits mayonnaise if you don’t like mayo.) Scoop this into pita with the veggies! Enjoy!
*I guess it was so yummy I didn’t take pictures of the finished product, but here it is being packaged for my lunch box!